The Netherlands is ranked as one of the most difficult countries to make friends and connections (source). For many internationals this leads to loneliness and isolation. On top of that, the language is also so hard to learn, while speaking Dutch is required to truly fourish at home and in the workplace!
If your internationals are not integrated well in the country and workplace, they don’t feel at home here and the tendency for them is to leave.
Do you work for or represent an organisation with internationals? And do you find onboarding and integration of international staff in Dutch language and culture difficult? We want to help your employees feel at home!
We are not like every other language school. We do not provide traditional language courses. You won’t find any grammar book or boring classroom here.
Instead, we have a unique aproach where we combine language learning with fun and interesting activities. We create informal, relaxed settings, where people mingle and practice together. Our activities are much more like fun team outings then a language class.
Unique about our aproach is that our activities are also valuable and interesting for native speakers. This way, our activities bond non-natives with native speakers. This goes beyond what traditional language courses can provide!
Do you want to offer this to your employees? This is what we can offer to your organisation:
Membership to our The Hague community
If your organisation is based in The Hague (or closeby), offering your employees a membership to our community would provide them with:
- An opportunity to connect with both natives and non-natives and quickly build a social network
- The chance to actually get confident speaking Dutch in real situations
- A way to contribute to society through community-building
- Lots of fun activities that increase employee well-being (see our calendar)
How it works
We can provide a group membership to your organisation with a certain number of slots. In addition to the community memberships, we can provide individual onboarding sessions, so your employees have a good start in our community, and we can also combine it with special activities exclusive for your employees.
Contact us and we will provide you with a customized offer for your organization, depending on your needs, size of organisation and employee profile.
Activities exclusive for your employees
Besides integrating your employees in our The Hague community, we can also host activities exclusively for your employees! This we can do at our location, your location, or another location, so this does not have to be in The Hague!
We do this in a workshop/team outing format. We provide an experienced facilitator who will host activities where your employees come together and are guided to speak Dutch with each other while doing a fun and interesting activity.
Different types of activities are possible, such as board games, cooking, knitting, and so on. It all depends what is the best match to your employee profile.
For example: do you have a weekly company drinks where employees get together socially? Once a month, this can have a ‘Dutch Language Cafe’ theme, where we guide your employees to speak Dutch with each other in a fun way!
Or are you looking for a fun team outing? Invite the team to the Dutch Language Cafe to cook a meal together and practice Dutch in the meantime!
- Increased Dutch conversational confidence for non-native employees
- Increased ability for native & non-native employees to speak Dutch to each other
- Closer connections between different groups of employees by working together on a common goal (Dutch practice)
- Lots of fun & laughter and increased employee wellbeing
We have over three years of experience hosting informal language learning events, for many different groups and in many different settings.
Practical matters for exclusive activies:
- Exclusive activities are suitable for 5 to 50 attendees
- Fun for both natives and non-native employees
- Works best with a ratio of 1 native for every 3-4 non-natives, but this ratio is flexible. No natives at your organisation? We can arrange extra native speakers.
- Ideal time 2 hours, but can be modified to fit 1.5h to 2.5h
- Best for employees with a bit of a basis in Dutch (A1+), true beginners can follow a beginners course first.
- Can be hosted at our location, your organisations location or another location that is convenient (also outside of The Hague).
Interested? Let’s get in touch!
The easiest way to get in touch is to use the button below to schedule a brief meet&greet:
Or you can fill out the form below and we will contact you!